Most of the litter boxes you see online and in pet stores are made of plastic, so the iPrimio Non-Stick Plated Stainless Steel litter pan immediately caught my eye. Not only is it generously sized and highly durable, but it also has a non-stick coating that’s very easy to clean.
Unlike traditional plastic litter pans, this stainless-steel litter box doesn’t absorb odor. The non-stick coating helps prevent residue buildup as well, which makes your job all the easier when it comes to cleaning the litter box. Plus, the 6-inch sides are deep enough to help contain litter and urine spray.
This iPrimio litter pan earns points for being generously sized (a great benefit for larger cats and multi-cat households), though the 6-inch sides could be a challenge for kittens and older cats. That being said, it seems to be very cat-friendly overall, and the non-stick coating does seem to help control odor.
There are a few customer comments about the coating developing scratches with vigorous scrubbing, though iPrimio comments that minor abrasions are normal and won’t impair the function of the coating. Even so, it’s best to use the recommended scoop to maximize the lifespan of your cat litter pan.
What We Liked:
- Durable stainless-steel construction
- Non-stick coating reduces odor and residue buildup
- Generously sized, with fairly high sides
- Easy to clean, stands up to scrubbing and scooping
What We Didn’t Like:
- Somewhat pricey compared to other options
- High sides can be an issue for kittens and older cats
- Non-stick coating may scratch with vigorous cleaning