Best For Picky Cats: Instinct by Nature’s Variety Cat Food

74
Instinct by Natures Variety Original Grain Free Real Chicken Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food
Instinct by Natures Variety Original Grain Free Real Chicken Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food

Instinct By Natures Variety Original Grain Free Real Chicken Recipe Natural Wet Canned Cat Food, The Cat 24

Read Our Full Brand Review View Lab Report

Overview:

  • Brand Name: Instinct by Nature’s Variety
  • Made In: United States
  • Guaranteed Protein: 10% Min
  • Age Range: Adult
  • Typical Cost Per Day: $2.28/day

Though Nature’s Variety Instinct foods are marketed as natural and species-appropriate, they’re some of the fluffier ones you’ll see on this list.

Instinct canned foods are heavy on meat ingredients like chicken, turkey, and chicken liver, but also contain gimmicky plant ingredients like ground flaxseed, peas, and carrots.

Nature’s Variety pet food was recalled in 2015, 2013, and 2010. Salmonella contamination was involved in the 2015 and 2010 recalls, while the 2013 recall happened after people found clear plastic in the food.

Top Recipe: Instinct by Nature’s Variety Original Grain-Free Real Chicken Recipe

This popular pate recipe consists of 95% chicken, turkey, and chicken liver. The remaining 5% is dedicated to fruits, veggies, montmorillonite clay, vitamins, and amino acids.

Though it contains a variety of plant ingredients, the food remains low in carbohydrates and is a relatively species-appropriate option.

Ingredients:

Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Liver, Chicken Broth, Ground Flaxseed, Montmorillonite Clay, Egg Product, Peas, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Minerals (Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide), Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid), Taurine, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Menhaden Fish Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Artichokes, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Tomato, Blueberries, Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Parsley.

Guaranteed Analysis

Moisture
Value %
Crude Protein 10
Crude Fat 7.5
Crude Fiber 3
Moisture 78
Crude Protein:10%
Crude Fat:7.5%
Crude Fiber:3%
Moisture:78%

Dry Matter Basis

ProteinFat
Value %
Protein 45.45
Fat 34.09
Fiber 13.64
Carbs 6.82
Protein:45.45%
Fat:34.09%
Fiber:13.64%
Carbs:6.82%

Caloric Weight Basis

ProteinFat
Value %
Protein 33.65
Fat 61.3
Carbs 5.05
Protein:33.65%
Fat:61.3%
Carbs:5.05%

What We Liked:

  • One of the most well-loved brands on the market
  • Meat-based, protein-rich foods
  • Low carbohydrate content
  • Relatively low cost compared to the other brands on this list

What We Didn’t Like:

  • Recipes contain unnecessary amounts of plant ingredients
  • Instinct by Nature’s Variety has been recalled