- Materials: Recycled paper
- Price Per Pound: $0.60
- Key Features: 100% recycled materials, low tracking, soft texture, highly absorbent
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly and natural cat litter, consider Fresh News. Made from 100% recycled paper, this litter is biodegradable which helps reduce space in landfills.
With its soft texture, Fresh News Original Crumble is a great option for kittens or cats with sensitive paws. For other cats, there is also a pellet version available. The non-clumping formula absorbs up to three times as much liquid as clay, and it doesn’t have all that silica dust to irritate your cat’s nose and lungs.
Fresh News’ original formula comes in pellets that are large enough to reduce tracking. They’re infused with baking soda to help neutralize odors.
Because the material is paper and this is a non-clumping litter, it can be a little tricky to scoop. We recommend changing the entire litter box once a week – maybe more often in multi-cat households.
What We Liked:
- Made from 100% recycled paper materials
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable
- Up to 3x more absorbent than clay
- Crumble variety is soft on sensitive paws
What We Didn’t Like:
- Can be tricky to scoop
- May need to be changed frequently in multi-cat homes