Read Our Full Brand Review
- Materials: Silica crystal
- Price Per Pound: $1.33/pound
- Key Features: Odor-lock crystals, highly absorbent, dries fairly quickly
One of the issues with non-clumping litter is that it needs to be replaced more often than clumping litter. Crystal litter is unique because it absorbs liquid extremely quickly and doesn’t stay as wet as many clay and natural litters.
This, combined with the odor-locking powers, means that it may work well as a multi-cat litter and may not need to be replaced as often. There is some concern about silica dust for crystal litter, but we didn’t find this formula to be particularly dusty.
We did notice, however, that the crystals crackled when exposed to liquid – it could be a little off-putting for some cats. This litter is only available on Amazon, not Chewy.
What We Liked:
- Made from non-toxic silica gel
- Absorbs liquid and odors quickly
- Fairly low tracking
What We Didn’t Like:
- More expensive than average litter
- Crystals crackle with liquid contact